brings in the beginning of the end of my final
year at University! It is now time for the “big
squeeze” as Major Project time as arrived.
Since it is a New Year, I have decided to begin
with a new leaf – get ahead and stay ahead!
In order for me to complete my major project,
I will need to keep my head down from this week
on. I have no illusions about what I am about
to undertake over the next 12+ weeks. I am now
thinking much ahead in time and expect to run
into some problems along the way with respect
to the technology and programming I will be
Project Diary Website
At the start of this week I decided to design
a new project diary website. The brief: to design
and build an ecstatically pleasing site with
useful resources, i.e. Links,
some information about me and of course, my
Major Project Diary. My aim was to create a
colourful and informative website, yet keeping
it simple and easily updatable with minimum
effort. Whether I have achieved simplicity is
up to you (the web surfer) to decide!
& Programming used in this site
Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks +
Adobe PhotoShop CS
Hyper-Text Markup Language (HTML) +
PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP)
At the moment,
my new research website is not 100% complete.
I still need to create proper page headers (exactly
where the green box is). I have some ideas but
since I need to balance my time between this
site and my major project, I will only carry
out web maintenance at the weekends. Also, I
need to come up with some fresh ideas to fill
the white space along the left hand feature
column. I do not want to fill it with any old
crap for the sake for filling the space.